Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Am I a terrible mother?

WOW - I feel guilty, but I just can't take anymore.  Brad has ZERO ( or negative infinity) pain tolerance. He has a stomach pain for FOUR days and I have had enough.  I know, I know a mother should be comforting and consoling, but can it really hurt him this long? I can never tell if he truly having a problem or its just his exaggeration of simple pain.  He has no fever, no vomiting, no diarrea, nothing. Just constant complaining. He has been awake for the three nights. 
Awake All. Night. Long.  In my bed out of my bed.  I find myself getting frustrated and I feel horrible about that. How can a mother not be compassionate?  What's wrong with me? I feel like a failure....but I still can't take the constant moaning, crying, complaining.  It can't be that bad if he still was able to play his soccer game and go to practice the next day. BUT, as soon as he gets home it hurts again????????

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I don't think you are a bad mommy. You have a point where you can't take it any more...we all do!! Just continue to be the mom you know you should and encourage him to not whine so much. I think you are doing the best you can. Maybe if still continues for a few more days, call the doctor just to get it ruled out. Hope that helps! Hang in there!

Tricia :)