Thursday, September 11, 2008

In the Minority

Ok... I have a rant. And well... since this is MY blog I can say it here.

Today is 9/11. I know this was a big deal, but after watching some people on the news over the years I have to say this...

Yes, its horrible you lost your parents, friend, son etc.....

But guess what - I have no parents either. My mom died when I was 3 and my dad when I was 21. Their death is no less important than anybody elses. I am alone in this world because of it. 9/11/2001 was seven years ago. Life needs to move on and you need to accept you have lost a loved one. SOME people believe they are owed because of their loss. SOME people still can't function. Everybody loses somebody in their life and you just have to find a way to deal with it.
Its hard to not have parents and my son has never had a grandparent. Our loss is just as hurtful to us and theirs is.
NOT to make light of it at all, but people need to realize that there are a whole lot of people in the world who are missing people.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I agree! Thank for posting on my site. Good to meet some new people. I will be putting you in my list of blogs to watch. Maybe some day we will meet face to face. I do agree with your post, enough is enough. Can we please move on?!?!